April is still low season but if it is Easter you have to book in advance even 6 months in advance. This month is low season with few tourists and no queues. The weather is nice and warm during the day and it is the month where the rainy season ends so it is the good season for adventure activities such as hiking.
It will be sunny days and with few fogs, it is still the month of flowers and orchids and there is also a lot of green in the fields.
Compared to months like June, July or August, April is a good date with few people in the attractions and still easy to get good prices.
Best time of the day
Recommended month for photographers. Lots of greenery and a lot of flora with some clouds.
There may be some rains in Machupicchu but they are few. The recommended time is 8 am to 2 pm.
Temperature is 3 degrees to 22 degrees Celsius.
Why visit Machu Picchu in April?
- The weather is nice warm and little rain.
- The fields are still green.
- For outdoor activities highly recommended.
- You can see many rainbows.
- You can make timelapse taking advantage of the presence of clouds.
- Machu Picchu by Train
- Classic Inca Trail 4 Days
- Short Inca Trail 2 Days
- Sakantay Trek 5 Days
- Inca Jungle Trek 4 Days
Why you should not go to Machu Picchu in April?
- It can rain at any time.
- Presence of clouds at times.
- If it is Easter there will be no spaces these days, reserve everything in advance.
- The last days of the month are recommended to make your visit to Machu Picchu because at the beginning of the month there is still rain.
- Do not forget to bring waterproof clothes and an umbrella.
- Bring plastic bags to protect cell phones and cameras.
Other months to visit Machu Picchu
I am founder and content creator of Lorenzo Expeditions, since 2006 I started with the Inca Jungle tour, guiding and serving thousands of tourists in a personal way to get to know Machu Picchu in a unique and authentic way.