This month of October already has sunny days and rainy days, the cold days of June and July are dissipating. It is also the month where the low season begins.
Many tourists mention that it is the month with less tourists to do the Inca Trail of 4 days, Inca Trail of 2 days, Salkantay trek of 5 days, Lares trek of 4 days and the green fields begin to be seen.
The temperature in Inca Trail is: 23 degrees Celsius approximately and 13 degrees minimum. Practically October is the last month without rain, the dry months end and the rainy months come. Prices on tours, hotels in Cusco, Sacred Valley and Aguas Calientes are on sale.
Why hike Inca Trail in October?
- Long lines disappear and it is easier to take the buses and get tickets.
- The touristic places for photos become less crowded.
- Flowers and orchids are already showing their beauty.
- Spaces and tickets are easy to get in Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain.
Why NOT hike the Inca Trail in October?
- Many mosquitoes appear.
- In the afternoons the rains begin.
- Days will still be sunny and hot.
- The first weeks of October are recommended to visit with little rain.
- Wear long-sleeved polo shirts and long pants, and always carry insect repellent along with sunscreen.
- A large-brimmed hat is a must for sunny days.
- Carry a rain cape as a precaution.
Quick Links about Inca Trail by Months
- Hiking the Inca Trail in August
- Hiking the Inca Trail in September
- Hiking the Inca Trail in November
- Hiking the Inca Trail in December
I am founder and content creator of Lorenzo Expeditions, since 2006 I started with the Inca Jungle tour, guiding and serving thousands of tourists in a personal way to get to know Machu Picchu in a unique and authentic way.