Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days
This is a shorter version of the incredible Inca Trail that allows you the opportunity to explore some archaeological sites as well as the experience of reaching Machu Picchu by way of the very famous Puerta del Sol- Sun Gate (Inti Punku). This tour is available year round to our clients with a minimum of two passengers per tour.
This expedition provides a unique opportunity to enjoy Machu Picchu not only at sunset on day one but also sunrise on day two.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the “Estancia Imperial Restaurant” in Suecia Street 320, where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- EQUIPMENT AND SUPPORT COMMUNICATION: Communication radios: Motorola brand model DEP-450 all with digital format for better communication between the guide and our support group, while the radios are connected to the SERNARP channels (GUARDAPARQUE that they are found along the Inca trail) In case some type of help is required in case of emergency.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is eight.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. With this in mind, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiac and menus with food restrictions that you must request at the time of booking. Throughout the expedition they will be provided with purified water and snacks
- Private transportation to the start of the Inca Trail: KM82
- Bus descending from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Tourist train * from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Pick up from the Ollantaytambo station and transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- * The train schedule will be confirmed at the time of buying the tour
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Our itinerary is based on spaces garanted by the government for the proper use of the Inca Trail, last minute reservations could generate changes in our itinerary.
- AN EXTRA NIGHT’S STAY IN AGUAS CALIENTES. If you would like to stay an extra night in the town of Aguas Calientes, you must communicate this at the time of making your reservation, otherwise you would have to assume the penalties for changing train tickets. In addition, to stay an extra night, you will automatically lose the transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco. To arrange a private transport, please contact our sales area.
- SIMPLE ACCOMMODATION. All expeditions operated by our company include accommodation in tents, and/or double, triple rooms. We will do our best to match you with another member of the same sex in our group. If you want individual accommodation, the cost is an additional US $ 20. You must request this service at the time of making the reservation.
- ADDITIONAL PORTER. If you require and additional porter you must request it at the time of booking so that their entrance fee to the Inca Trail can be purchased.
- UP-GRADES. The following services can only be personalized during the reservation process. If attempted at a later date any and all penalties or additional cost will be entirely assumed by you:
- Upgraded rooms in the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Upgraded train services.
- Change in date or train schedule.