This is a shorten version of the incredible Inca Trail that allows you the opportunity to explore some archaeological sites as well as the experience of reaching Machu Picchu by way of the very famous Puerta del Sol- Sun Gate (Inti Punku). This tour is avalible year round to our clients with a mimimum of two passengers per tour.
This expidition provides a unique opportunity to enjoy Machu Picchu not only at sunset on day one but also sunrise on day two.
Summary of the Program:
DAY 1: CUSCO- WIÑAYWAYNA- AGUAS CALIENTES: Trekking
MACHU PICCHU-Return to CUSCO.
CUSCO- WIÑAYWAYNA- AGUAS CALIENTES: TREKKING
MACHU PICCHU-Return to CUSCO.
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to 104km (start of trek).
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (first day)
- Round trip bus from Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes (second day)
- Aguas Calientes tourist train to Ollantaytambo in the afternoon *
- Private transportation from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Basic Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Professional guide.
- Entrance tickets to the Inka Trail.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- 02 breakfasts. 01 box Lunch, 01 lunch. 01 dinner
- Oxygen tank.
- Hiking Sticks.
* Train schedules will be confirmed at the time of payment.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- A Personal Carrier, if you would like a porter there is an additional fee of $100 and a 15 kl limit.
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Unexpected expenses
- Return train to Cusco: Each passenger has the freedom to choose the schedule that best suits them.
- Bus in Machu Picchu: Optional transportation for those who do not wish to hike to the site. ($ 12 USD one way, 24 round trip).
- Meals not specified in the tour.
- Mt. Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu Tickets
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT LIST
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Hiking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- Light T-shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Only a light coat.
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medicines
- Flash light.
- Original passport.
|Day 01||4 hrs/?Kms||6hrs/¿Kms||2.650 m||–||D, A y C||Basic hotel|
|Day 02||–||2 hrs/¿Kms||–||–||D y A|
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Museo del Café, located on Calle Espaderos 136 (first floor), where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- HOTELS. Rest is essential during an adventure trip, for which we have chosen the most comfortable, clean and safe basic hotels on the route. All have basic facilities: private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- * Simple rooms have an extra cost of $ 30 per room.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they have work with us permanently for more than eight years. They are certified professionals, certified by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. With this in mind, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiac and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTATION We have modern vehicles (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of events and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
- COMMUNICATION RADIOS: Motorola brand model DEP-450 all digital format for better communication between the guide and our support group, while the radios are connected to the SERNARP channels (GUARDAPARQUE that are found along the Inca trail). In case any type of help is required in case of emergency.
- AN EXTRA NIGHT’S STAY IN AGUAS CALIENTES. If you would like to stay an extra night in the town of Aguas Calientes, you must communicate this at the time of making your reservation, otherwise you would have to assume the penalties for changing train tickets. In addition, to stay an extra night, you will automatically lose the transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco. To arrange a private transport, please contact our sales area.
- SIMPLE ACCOMMODATION. All expeditions operated by our company include accommodation in tents, and/or double, triple rooms. We will do our best to match you with another member of the same sex in our group. If you want individual accommodation, the cost is an additional US $ 20. You must request this service at the time of making the reservation.
- ADDITIONAL PORTER. If you require and additional porter you must request it at the time of booking so that their entrance fee to the Inca Trail can be purchased.
- UP-GRADES. The following services can only be personalized during the reservation process. If attempted at a later date any and all penalties or additional cost will be entirely assumed by you:
- Upgraded rooms in the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Upgraded train services.
- Change in date or train schedule.