Short Inca Jungle Trail and Machu Picchu 3 Days
This tour is intended for travelers with limited time to hike. This tour is less physically demanding and allows those that our not physically prepared to enjoy a shorter and less strenuous hike.
Itinerary for short Inca Jungle Trail 3 days
Pick up time is 5:30 a.m.
We will leave the Imperial City of Cusco and head towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is here that we will have our buffet style breakfast.
We will continue on to Abra Málaga (4 350 masl) (14 160 ft), the starting point of our biking tour. After a short explanation to help orientate you, your guide will provide you with the necessary equipment for the activity.
We will the begin our 3-hour, bicycle descent (9 55km, 5.93 miles) until we reach the town of Huamanmarca. During the trip we will experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the tropical forest.
It is here in the tropical forest that our Peruvian Amazon adventure begins. We will cross small streams and we will enjoy the change from cold to tropical climate.
During the journey there will be several stops to review bicycles and equipment. We will arrive at the town of Santa María (1 200 masl)(3,937.01 ft), where we will have our lunch and stay for our first night in a hotel.
In the afternoon we have the option of rafting on the Vilcanota River (US $ 35 ). This river offers category III and III + rapids.
For this activity we will give you helmets, windbreaks and category V life jackets. This activity is available between the months of April to December, and you must be able to swim to participate in accordance with Peruvian law.
(B, L and D / Hotel).
On day two we will have the opportunity to do the zip line activity with one of the highly trusted operators in the area. This activity is optional and lasts approximately two hours.
We will then have breakfast. After breakfast, we will board our transport to the hydroelectric plant, where the government control is located, and the entrance to Machu Picchu National Park (Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary).
At this point we will start our trekking to the town of Aguas Calientes, passing through the area called Intihuatana, a small archaeological site where the guide will share an explanation to better understand the site.
Then we will continue to Inka Rakay, where we will enjoy our lunch. During the journey, we will enjoy and contemplate the majesty of the Machu Picchu mountains, Huayna Picchu as well as other archeological sites in the heights of the mountain.
We will finish the hike in the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the third night of the tour.
(B, L and D / Hotel).
This is the most important day of the tour, today you will visit one of the seven wonders of the world. The tour will start very early, to appreciate the sunrise in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
Our day will start with the option of hiking or taking the bus (US $ 12). Once inside the archaeological site, you will have a two-hour guided tour inside the Inca city of Machu Picchu, you will see its most important temples, such as the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Three Windows, etc.
You will then be free to explore Machu Picchu on your own. If you booked in advance, to hike Mt. Huayna Picchu (2,800 meters)(9,186.35 ft.) or Machu Picchu mountain (3 082 meters)(10,111.55 ft.) you will have that opportunity after your guided tour.
You must make the reservations to hike either mountain three months in advance for an additional cost of US $ 20. Space is limited to only 400 people a day to climb Mt. Huayna Picchu.
We also recommend allowing time to relax, meditate and rest while taking advantage of the magical and spiritual energies of this great wonder.
After you have finished enjoying Machu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco (train not included).
You can buy tickets at perurail.com or incarail.com (No meals).
Inclusions for short Inca Jungle Trail 3d/2n.
Price: $289 Dollars.
What is included?
- Tour with professional guide (10 people maximum).
- 02 nights in basic Hotel=H first night in dorms (04 persons maximum, Santa Teresa) and the second night in double or triple accommodation (Aguas Calientes).
- Specified meals (2Breakfasts=B, 2Lunches=L and 2Dinners=D – Vegetarian food on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Hot Springs in Cocalmayo
- Mobility on Sprinter bus or L5 from Cusco to Santa Maria and Transport to Santa Teresa
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Specialized Status 1 or KONA Stinky
- Safety equipment:
- SEVEN or 661 Integral Helmet
- Integral Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Kneepads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
- Return train to Cusco.
- Bus in Machu Picchu.
- Meals on the last day.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu hike.
- Rafting or Zip line
Short Inca Jungle Trek Availability and Departures
Recommendations to take.
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Hiking boots.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- Light T-shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Only a light coat.
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medicines
- Original Passport
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- LODGE: Rest is essential during a trip for which we have chosen comfortable, clean and safe Lodges of the route, all have private bathrooms, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- FEEDING. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has aresponse plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
Short Inca Jungle Trail Reviews
We (3 friends) booked the Jungle Inca Trek 4D/3N through Lorenzo’s Website. Already here we had good assistance through a live chat with a coworker you helped us to do the reservation. Read more.
By Leila A – Trip Advisor
My friend and I did the 4 day Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu from 9/9-9/12 with Lorenzo Expeditions, and it was my favorite part of the entire Peru trip. I was debating between the 3 or 4 day trip, and am so happy I decided to go with the longer trek. Read more.
By Jasmine C – Trip Advisor
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: email@example.com
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.