Short Inca Jungle Trail and Machu Picchu 3 Days
This tour is intended for travelers with limited time to hike. This tour is less physically demanding and allows those that our not physically prepared to enjoy a shorter and less strenuous hike.
Summary of the Program:
DAY 1: CUSCO -SANTA MARÍA – SANTA TERESA: (BIKING and RAFTING)
DAY 2: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES: TREKKING and ZIP LINE
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
CUSCO - SANTA MARÍA - SANTA TERESA: BIKING and RAFTING
We will leave the Imperial City of Cusco and head towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is here that we will have our buffet style breakfast. We will continue on to Abra Málaga (4 350 masl) (14 160 ft), the starting point of our biking tour. After a short explanation to help orientate you, your guide will provide you with the necessary equipment for the activity. We will the begin our 3-hour, bicycle descent (9 55km, 5.93 miles) until we reach the town of Huamanmarca. During the trip we will experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the tropical forest. It is here in the tropical forest that our Peruvian Amazon adventure begins. We will cross small streams and we will enjoy the change from cold to tropical climate. During the journey there will be several stops to review bicycles and equipment. We will arrive at the town of Santa María (1 200 masl)(3,937.01 ft), where we will have our lunch and stay for our first night in a hotel. In the afternoon we have the option of rafting on the Vilcanota River (US $ 35 ). This river offers category III and III + rapids. For this activity we will give you helmets, windbreaks and category V life jackets. This activity is available between the months of April to December, and you must be able to swim to participate in accordance with Peruvian law. (B, L and D / Hotel).
SANTA TERESA - AGUAS CALIENTES: TREKKING and ZIP LINE
MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Tour with professional guide (10 people maximum).
- 02 nights in basic Hotel=H first night in dorms (04 persons maximum, Santa Teresa) and the second night in double or triple accommodation (Aguas Calientes).
- Specified meals (2Breakfasts=B, 2Lunches=L and 2Dinners=D – Vegetarian food on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Hot Springs in Cocalmayo
- Mobility on Sprinter bus or L5 from Cusco to Santa Maria and Transport to Santa Teresa
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Specialized Status 1 or KONA Stinky
- Safety equipment:
- SEVEN or 661 Integral Helmet
- Integral Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Kneepads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
- Return train to Cusco.
- Bus in Machu Picchu.
- Meals on the last day.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu hike.
- Rafting or Zip line
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Shoes for the walk.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- Light T-shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Only a light coat.
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medicines
- Flash light.
- Original Passport.
|Day 01||3 hrs/¿Kms||0hrs/0Km||4350m||3hrs./54kms||B. L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 02||–||4 hrs/10km||2,000 m||–||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 03||–||2 hrs/6km||2,400 m||–||–|
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- BICYCLES AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT. Safety is a priority for Lorenzo Expeditions. Therefore, in all our adventure routes we include high-end equipment and with international standards certifications, which will allow us to enjoy this adventure in the safest way possible. For biking, Lorenzo Expeditions offers the best bicycles in the country. Very important: Lorenzo Expeditions has its own staff of highly trained mechanics, all professional runners, who put all their passion into the maintenance of our bicycles, which are revised and optimized after each trip.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Committed to your safety, Lorenzo Expeditions includes the most complete equipment on the market and we have all the sizes certified with international standards (S, M, L, XL).
- HOTELS. Rest is essential during an adventure trip, for which we have chosen the most comfortable, clean and safe basic hotels on the route. All have basic facilities: private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications: o First Aid International Red Cross. o First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.