This less crowded route (Salkantay Trek) takes us through the Peruvian Andes, crossing valleys, snow-covered mountains and part of the high jungle before reaching reach Machu Picchu. The Inca Trail through the Nevado Salkantay is one of the most adventure treks in Perú, where our client challenges his own limits to enjoy this unparalleled landscape.
Join our expeditions and enjoy the less traveled Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu.
Summary of the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu Program:
DAY 01: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SUYRUCOCHA: Trekking
DAY 02: SUYRUCOCHA – ABRA SALKANTAY – COLLPAPAMPA: Trekking
DAY 03: COLLPAPAMPA – LUCMABAMBA: Trekking
DAY 04: LUCMABAMBA – LLACTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES: Trekking
DAY 05: MACHU PICCHU y back to Cusco
ITINERARY FOR OUR BEST SALKANTAY TREK
CUSCO - LAGUNA HUMANTAY – SUYRUCCOCHA: TREKKING
SUYRUCOCHA - PASO SALKANTAY – COLLPAPAMPA: TREKKING
COLLPAPAMPA - SAHUAYACO – LUCMABAMBA: TREKKING
LUCMABAMBA - LLACTAPATA - AGUAS CALIENTES: TREKKING
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Tours with private guide (Max 08 PAXS).
- 3 nights camping in double tent.
- 1 night basic hotel in double or triple accommodation (Aguas Calientes: Hotel Inka Dream)
- Specified Meals (4B, 4L and 4D – Vegetarian Food upon request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Sprinter or L5 bus mobility from Cusco to Soraypampa
- Return train Aguas calinetes- ollantaytambo
- Mobility on Sprinter bus or L5 from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Technical briefcase (duffle bag) where the passenger can send 08kg on packhorse
- Camping equipment:
- Tent: eureka 04 stations (designed for 4 people but used as double)
- Foam Matrasses with cold insulator
- Inflatable therm-a-rest Matrasses
- Sleeping bag -20 degreese
- Walking sticks black diamond
- Dining tent, tables and chairs
- Bathroom tent and chemical bath
- Support team
- Experienced chef
- Horseman and horses (to transport all the equipment)
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Travel or Personal Insurance
- Unexpected expenses
- Horse saddle
- Bus in Machu Picchu: Optional transportation for those who do not wish to walk up ($ 12 USD one way, 24 round trip).
- Meals not specified in the tour.
- Mt. Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu Tickets
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT LIST
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Shoes for the hike.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- T- shirts, pants and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Warm clothing .
- Waterproof clothing .
- Personal medicines
- Flash light.
- Original passport.
EQUIPMENT FOR SALKANTAY TREK
|TECHNICAL DOSSIER | SALKANTAY TREK|
|Day 01||3 hrs/140km||5 hrs/10km||4,300m||B, L and D||Lodge|
|Day 02||–||9 hrs/18km||4,600m||B, L and D||Lodge|
|Day 03||–||6 hrs/15km||2,900m||B, L and D||Lodge|
|Day 04||–||7 hrs/18km||2,000m||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 05||2 hrs/95km||6 hrs/08 km||2,400m||–|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SALKANTAY TREK
- BRIEFING. A day before the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Museo del Café, located on Calle Espaderos 136 (first floor), where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT: Safety is the number one priority for Lorenzo Expeditions. Therefore, in all our adventure routes we include high-end equipment and with international standards certifications which will allow us to enjoy this adventure in the safest way possible. For the trekking Lorenzo Expeditions provides its customers with the best equipment in the market: Very Important: Lorenzo Expeditions has its own equipment which gives us the opportunity of continuous monitoring and maintenance, this equipment is reviewed and optimized after each trip.
- HOTELS. Rest is essential during an adventure trip, for which we have chosen the most comfortable, clean and safe basic hotels on the route. All have basic facilities: private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications: o First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations.
- American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR SALKANTAY TREK
- ZIP LINE. If you want to visit the thermal baths of Cocalmayo (day 3), you also have the option to do so. The cost is US $ 35 per person.
- EXTRA NIGHT IN AGUAS CALIENTES. If you want to stay an extra night in the town of Aguas Calientes, you must communicate it at the time of making your reservation, otherwise you would have to assume the penalties for changing train tickets. In addition, to stay an extra night, you will automatically lose the transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco. To arrange a private transport, please contact our sales area.
- SIMPLE ACCOMMODATION. All expeditions operated by our company include accommodation in tents or double and triple rooms. We will do our best to match you with another member of the same sex in our group. If you want individual accommodation, the cost is an additional US $ 50. You must request this service at the time of making the reservation.
- HORSEBACK. This option is for passengers who do not feel physically capable of completing the established routes per day. For US $ 130, we offer you an extra horse that you can ride if you feel exhausted. You can also use these animals to carry more luggage than established by the company (8 kg). Remember that this service is only for the first three days.
- UP-GRADES. The following services can only be personalized during the reservation process, otherwise any penalty or additional cost will be entirely assumed by you:
- Upgraded hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Upgraded train service
- Change in date or train schedule