The Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca, is by far the most popular single-day trek in recent years. It is located south of the city of Cusco, near one of the most important mountains in the country (due to its large size). It also very special for local inhabitants due to its connection with the Andean religion or philosophy. The Ausangate mountain, with an altitude of 6 390 meters, 20,964.57 ft. is the highest in the Cusco region. For centuries, the local people have hiked to the highest points braving the snow in order to worship and bring offerings to the mountain and the Pachamama.
Lorenzo Expeditions has designed a tour that will not only take you hiking to more than 5 000 meters, 16,404.2 ft. but also fill you with history, customs and culture, while enjoying this scenic beauty up on the Rainbow Mountain.
- Transportation (round trip)
- 01 breakfast
- 01 lunch • Professional English – Spanish guide.
- Hiking sticks
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Horses ride up the mountain S / 70.00
- Personal Travel Insurance
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT LIST
-Shoes for Hike.
-Hat or Cap.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Museo del Café, located on Calle Espaderos 136 (first floor), where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications: o First Aid International Red Cross. o First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.