Manu National Park – 4 Days
The MANU National Park is located just four hours by car from the city of Cusco and is one of the nature reserves with the greatest diversity in flora and fauna in the world.This trip will take us deep into the high and low jungle, giving us the opportunity to enjoy all its natural and historical wealth.
Join us and enjoy this unforgettable experience that will take you away from the noise and stress of city.
Itinerary for Manu National Park 4 days
Our great adventure begins when we pick you up at your hotel in the city of Cusco in our private vehicle. We will then head to the town of Paucartambo.
At the beginning of our drive we will be on top of the world traveling through the Andes mountain range. Before reaching our destination, we will stop at a small pre-Inca archaeological site called Las Chullpas de Ninamarca.
Upon reaching the colonial town of Paucartambo, we will have time to learn a little more about its history before heading to the entrance to the Manu National Park.
When we arrive to Acjanacu we will make a brief stop to take the traditional photograph with the sign that welcomes us to this natural wonder.
As soon as we start the descent, we will notice the difference between the flora and fauna that exists between the Andes and the high forest or Cloud Forest.
This area very rich in endemic species such as the spectacled bear and the cock of the rocks (national bird of Peru).
We will also observe varieties of orchids, bromeliads and ferns. Throughout this journey, our transport will make stops for the greater enjoyment of this spectacular region.
Later we will arrive at our lodge located in the San Pedro area, where we will spend the first night.
Our lodge gives us the option to make small walks in the surroundings allowing us to enjoy more of the biodiversity of the area.
(B, L and D / Lodge).
We will start our day very early and begin our walk, in search of the most representative bird of the area of Manu: the cock of the rocks, national bird of Peru.
This bird performs a unique ritual of courtship in strategic places called “legs”.
After observing his wonderful show we will return to the lodge, where we will have our breakfast. We will continue to the port town of Atalaya a two-day journey by car.
We will then begin our trip by motor boat on the great river Alto Madre De Dios, one of the main tributaries of the Amazon River.
During the trip we will observe an enormous variety of bird native to the area. We may see herons, vultures, cormorants, etc. on our way to our second lodge.
After settling in we will have lunch. In the afternoon we will walk with our guide through the various trails of our lodge. The experience here will be different from the previous day because we now find ourselves where the high jungle ends and the low jungle begins. At night dinner will be at our hostel. (B, L and D / Lodge).
Today our goal is to explore the jungle as much as possible during our morning walk. The guide will find, show and explain the great diversity of wildlife in our surroundings.
We will cross the river by boat and take a 30 minute walk, observing talk about the interesting flora, that include sensitive plants, heliconias, fruit trees, etc.
We will then reach the Machuwasi lagoon, where we will paddle in rustic canoes to observe birds like the primitive hoatzin, and with luck we may see alligators, monkeys and capybaras.
In the night we will take a night walk around our lodge to observe insects and amphibians.
(B, L and D / Lodge).
Very early we will board our boat to go to the Collpa, a river wall where different species of birds, such as the blue-headed parrot, the white-eyed parrot and possibly the marcano macaw, among others can be found.
Every morning they go down to extract the clay needed for a balanced diet. After an active day, we will return to our hostel Erika to pack and sail by boat to the port of Atalaya, where the bus will take us back.
We will have lunch in route arriving at night to Cusco. End of our services.
(B and L).
Includes for Manu National Park 4 days
What is included?
- A bilingual tour guide
- 03 nights lodging.
- Transportation mentioned in the tour.
- Rubber boots.
- First-Aid kit.
- All entrance fees.
- Dinner on the last night.
Availability and Departures
- Cotton long-sleeved T-shirts.
- Hiking shoes and/or sandals.
- Flashlight with spare batteries.
- Hat or cap, sun lens and sunscreen.
- Insect repellent (recommended with 40% or more of DEET).
- Waterproof clothing.
- Warm clothes in case of cold.
- Binoculars and camera.
- Backpack, small backpack and plastic bags.
- Extra money.
- Toilet paper.
- Medication and personal hygiene implements.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- LODGE: Rest is essential during a trip for which we have chosen comfortable, clean and safe Lodges of the route, all have private bathrooms, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- FEEDING. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: email@example.com
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.