Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu in 2 Days
In this expedition not only will you enjoy Machu Picchu but we will enjoy the beautiful landscapes of both the Andes and the high jungle.
We will also have the opportunity to cross the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas and end our day in relaxing thermal baths.
Lorenzo Expeditions designed a tour that will allow you to enjoy two days brimming with history, culture and magical moments like the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
Itinerary for Machu Picchu 2 days
Our expedition begins at 7:30 a.m. we will pick you up from your hotel, in the city of Cusco in our private vehicle. We will then travel to the SANCTUARY OF COCHAWASI, a refuge for animals rescued from traffickers in our area.
In the sanctuary, we will learn about and grow an appreciation for a large variety of the Andean fauna.
We will see many llamas and alpacas, as well as some animals rescued after natural disasters, such as pumas and the spectacled bear (a species that is only found in Peru).
We will even appreciate a family of condors. The sanctuary is managed by Peruvian and foreign volunteers.
After visiting the sanctuary we will travel to the viewing point of TARAY. Here we will have a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and at the same time observe a large portion of the Andes mountain range complete with its majestic snow-capped mountains.
After ample time for photographs, we will continue to the town of LAMAY. Here you will witness the unique cooking techniques used to prepare an Andean delicacy enjoyed for centuries here in Cusco, the guinea pig.
If you wish you can taste this emblematic and exclusive Peruvian dish. Our car tour will end in the town of OLLANTAYTAMBO, where we will have a brief time to explore this small town known for keeping many Incan houses from the past intact.
After exploring, we will take the train to our final stop the town of Aguas Calientes.
As we journey by train we will observe the change of ecological zones between the Andes and the high jungle, we will experience a change in the vegetation and the climate as it becomes warmer and more humid as we approach our final station.
Upon reaching the town of Aguas Calientes, you will be taken directly to your hotel. In the evening you will have the opportunity to visit the thermal baths.
Before resting, we will have a meeting with our guide in your hotel to finalize every detail of the most important day of your trip, your visit to Machu Picchu.
Today we will not only arrive at one of the seven wonders of the modern world, but we will do it very early to enjoy the sunrise.
Our day will start at 4:00 a.m. so that we may take one of the first buses to the site. The bus will take us on a twenty-five minute trip from Aguas Calientes to the control entry gate of Machu Picchu.
After passing the control, we will have a two-hour guided tour of the archeological site where you will learn about the most important constructions and temples of the citadel, both in the agricultural area and in the urban area.
At the end of our guided tour, you will have free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own. You will have the opportunity to return to the aforementioned areas you visited on the tour or do one of the different hikes that leave from the citadel.
The less strenuous options are the Sun Gate (Puerta del Sol, Inti Punku) or the Inca bridge. You also have the option of doing one of the more physically challenging hikes of Mt. HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN OR THE MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN.
The entrance to one of the mountains is included in the package (both are subject to availability). If you desire to hike one of the mountains please, consult us at the moment of making the reservation.
After enjoying your visit we will return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where the train station is located. The two-hour train ride will take us from Aguas Calientes to the Ollantaytambo station.
Here Lorenzo Expeditions private vehicle will be waiting to take you to our hotel in Cusco a two hour ride.
END OF OUR SERVICES.
Includes for Machu Picchu 2 Days
What is included?
- Tour with a professional guide (08 people maximum)
- Private transportation from the city of Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Tourist Train ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo *
- Bus up and down in Machu Picchu site.
- Private transportation from the Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrace ticket to the Sanctuary of Cochahuasi.
- Entrace ticket to Machu Picchu.
- One night of hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- First Aid Kit: Complete equipment for approppiate assitance if necessary
- Comunications radios.
- Oxygen tank(*) The train schedule will be confirmed at the time of purchasing the tour.
Machu Picchu 2 days Availability and Departures
- Small backpack.
- Original passport.
- Warm clothing.
- Light clothes for Machu Picchu.
- Waterproof jacket or poncho.
- Cash (preferably the local currency).
- Comfortable shoes.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- Hotel: Rest is essential during a trip for which we have chosen comfortable, clean and safe Hotel , it have private bathrooms, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
Machu Picchu 2 days Reviews
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
My friend and I did the 4 day Inka Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu from 9/9-9/12 with Lorenzo Expeditions, and it was my favorite part of the entire Peru trip. I was debating between the 3 or 4 day trip, and am so happy I decided to go with the longer trek. Read more
By Jasmine C – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.