Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days
Itinerary: Lares Trek & Machu Picchu 4 days
The Lares Trek tour begins at 6:00 AM with a pick-up location that is set during your meeting with us in our office the day beforehand.
From the pick-up location, we will travel to Lorenzo’s lodge where we serve the first breakfast (buffet style) and from there, continue on to the small town of Lares (3,100 meters above sea level) with a travel time of about 3 hours.
Upon arrival, we will head directly to the medicinal thermal baths to enjoy some relaxation time. After lunch, a long walk of approximately 4 hours to the campsite of Huacawasi (3,900 meters above sea level) awaits us.
On the way, we will pass through incredibly beautiful Andean scenery and a few small towns where we will have the opportunity to learn a bit more about the High-Andean culture. Once we arrive at the campsite, we will eat dinner and receive an informational about ancestral knowledge related to Incan astronomy.
After breakfast, we begin our longest and most difficult day of the entire trip (lares trek) with a hike lasting 7-8 hours. The first 3 hours will be a continuous ascent to the highest point of our journey – the Ipsay Pass at 4,490 meters above sea level.
During the entire ascent, you will have the opportunity to pass through truly indigenous Andean towns, learn about their culture and traditions, as well as see alpacas, llamas, vizcachas (Peruvian hares) and if we have luck, the occasional condor that passes through the area.
At the top of the pass, our guide will explain a bit more about the region and the importance that those mountains held within Incan religious practices.
After descending from the pass for the following 40 minutes, we will arrive at the Ipsaycocha Laguna and eat lunch. After lunch and a well-deserved break, we will continue our walk to the second campsite.
This part of the trek will be completely downhill. At the campsite, we will have the option to visit a house belonging to a local family and learn about their day-to-day life.
We will then eat dinner and our guide will hold an informational meeting about the next day of the tour.
After breakfast, we will begin to walk to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This day will be much easier than the two days before, primarily because the entire trek is downhill.
Throughout the journey, we will pass through Willoq and Pumamarca – two communities that are very well known for their textile work and colorful dress that originate from ancestral traditions.
Once we arrive in Ollantaytambo, we will spend some time familiarizing ourselves with the small city that is so famous for maintaining its ancient Incan structures and using them currently as homes for the local population.
We will also lunch in Ollantaytambo and later take a train from the local station to reach the town of Aguas Calientes. here we will eat dinner and stay for a night in a local hotel.
This is the most important day of the tour – the day that we arrive to one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Our last day of the tour begins very early in the morning in order to be able to watch the sun rise over the Incan citadel of Machupicchu.
We begin the ascent from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu with the option of hiking the 1,500 Inkas steps or paying a $12 bus fare to reach the citadel.
Once inside the park, your guide will provide a 2-hour tour of the ruins and most important temples within the ancient city. Afterwards, you will be free to explore Machupicchu yourself and maybe even hike Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain (previous reservations are needed with two months of anticipation, plus a fee of $15.
There are only 400 entrance tickets per day to climb these two mountains). On your own time, you will need to return to Aguas Calientes (via stairs or bus) You will then take a return train from the Aguas Calientes train stop to Ollantaytambo.
Private transportation will be waiting at the Ollantaytambo station to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Inclusions for this tour
What is included?
- Transfer to Lorenzo Lodge (breakfast point).
- Private car from Cusco to Lares.
- Private car from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Train Round Trip from Ollantaytambo / Machupicchu / Ollantaytambo.
- Cook Tents and camping mattresses.
- Mules and the equipment, duffle bag to carry 5 kg of your things,
- First Aid Kit.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (Day 3).
- 02 nights camping: EUREKA K2-XT tents.
- Entry to hot spring in Lares.
- 03 breakfasts=B, 03 Lunches=L and 03 Dinners=D
- Snacks during the 2 days.
- An experienced, bilingual Adventure Guide
- Admission to Machupichu.
- Guided tour in Machupichu 02 hours.
- Last meals on the last day.
- Bus in Machu Pichu.
- Drink and tips.
Availability and Departures
Departure with special offer. Contact us if you want more information about this tour.
Recommendations to take.
- Multiple layers of warm clothes.
- Good trekking shoes or boots.
- Walking stick / pole. Extra money.
- Rain Poncho.
- Personal medicine.
- Bathing suit and towel for those who wish to visit the Hot Springs.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- CAMPING TEAM: Rest is essential for an expedition of this type for which Lorenzo Expeditions fully committed to your safety and comfort to choose the best and most complete camping equipment, all of the highest range.
- Tent: Eureka K2-XT brand 4 stations designed for 04 people where only 02 passengers will sleep for greater comfort, all are thermal and waterproof.
- Mattresses: Lorenzo Expeditions unlike other operators includes 02 types of mats, one of foam that serves to isolate the passenger from the ground and the other is an inflatable mattress brand Therm-a-rest (neo air trekker).
- Sleeping bag: Specially designed to withstand the climates of this route.
- Canes: These will be very helpful to complete the hike, the sticks that Lorenzo Expeditions provides are brand BLACK DIAMOND model TRAIL PRO SHOCK TREKKING POLES.
- A Duffle bag (walk briefcase): You will be given a duffle bag the day of our group meeting (day before the tour) in which you can pack up to 08 kg of your luggage with our team of Porters, this duffle bag is taken from camp to camp
- Dining tent: designed in waterproof fabric for the tranquility of our customers during all our meals.
- Carp bathroom with portable toilet: both for the exclusive use of our group, maximum 08 people per bathroom tent.
- Kitchen Tent: Used only by our professional chefs to prepare the most delicious foods.
- Tables and chairs.
- Complete kitchen utensils.
- HOTEL: Rest is essential during a trip for which we have chosen comfortable, clean and safe Hotel. it have private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- FEEDING. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has aresponse plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.