Lares Trek, Inca Jungle and Machu Picchu 6 Days
Our most popular program that allows you to have an experience of several ecological levels such as the Andes, Valley, Jungle, interact with locals as well as experience Adventure activities with safety as the Zip Line and River Rafting as a prelude to visit Machu Picchu, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
Itinerary for Lares Trek and Inca Jungle 6 days
Pick up at 6:00 a.m., private transportation from Cusco to Lares town (3 100 masl.).
The duration of the trip will be approximately three hours. In the town of Lares we will go to the thermal pools to enjoy its heat and healing properties. Lunch.
Then, we will have an average of four hours of walking to our first Huacawasi camp (3 900 masl.). On the way we will enjoy the beautiful Andean landscapes, passing through small towns where we will have the opportunity to know a little more about the high Andean culture.
Upon arrival at our camp, we will have dinner and then the opportunity to learn about the ancestral knowledge related to Inca astronomy.
(B, L and D / Camp)
Breakfast. The walk will be seven to eight hours, of which the first three will be of continuous ascent to the highest point of our trip: the Ipsay pass, at 4,490 masl.).
During the whole climb we will have the opportunity to see the true inhabitants of the Andes and learn about their customs and traditions.
We will also see some alpacas, llamas, vizcachas, and if we are lucky, we will be able to appreciate one or another condor, which regularly pass through that area. Once reached the high point, our guide will explain a little more about the area and the importance of the mountains within the religion of the Incas.
After a descent, we will arrive at the lagoon of Ipsaycocha. Lunch. We will continue the walk to our second camp. This part of the path is downhill. Once in the camp, we will have the option of visiting the house of one of the families of the area to know their way of life.
After dinner, we will receive an informative talk from our guide about the next day of the tour.
(B, L and D / Camp).
(Rafting optional: US$ 35) After our breakfast, we will travel by car to Ollantaytambo, where a private transport awaits us to take us to the Malaga pass (4 316 masl.). the starting point of our biking tour.
After the informative talk of our guide, we will give you the complete equipment necessary for this activity. We will begin the descent by bicycle for three hours (55 km) to the town of Huamanmarca.
During the trip we will experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the tropical forest, where our Amazon begins, we will cross small streams, and we will enjoy the change from cold to tropical weather.
During the journey there will be several stops to review bicycles and equipment. We will arrive at the town of Santa María (1200 masl.). where we will have lunch.
First night of hotel. In the afternoon we have the option of rafting on the Vilcanota River (optional US $ 35 per person).
This river offers rapids of categories III and III +. For this activity we will give you helmets, windbreaker and life jacket of category V. This activity is available between the months of April to December.
According to the Peruvian government, it is mandatory to know how to swim in order to carry out this activity. Dinner.
(B, L and D / Hotel)
After a delicious breakfast, we will be ready to make the first day of trekking to Santa Teresa. The first two hours of our tour will be on the rise.
On the way we will have several stops to learn a little more about the richness in flora and fauna of the area in which we will find ourselves. We will also stop at the home of a local family, where we will learn about their customs and traditions.
Later we will cross a section of the Inca Trail, which formerly connected the sacred city of the Incas Machu Picchu with the last Inca refuge, Vilcabamba. Here our guide will explain a little more about the history of the Incas and the communication system they had in those times (the route of the Incas).
At this point we will also have one of the most impressive views of the Huancarccasa canyon: the majestic Salkantay. Then we will descend to the town of Quellomayo. Here we will have a delicious lunch and a restful rest in the hammocks of our restaurant.
We will continue with the last two hours of walking to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo, where we will have a good time to enjoy this very special and pleasant place.
When the whole group is ready, our private transport will take you to the town of Santa Teresa, where we will spend our second night.
(B, L and D / Hotel)
(Zip line optional: US$ 35) We will start the zip line activity with one of the highly trusted operators in the area.
This activity is optional (US $ 35 per person) and lasts two hours, approximately. Breakfast. Then, we will have a transport to the hydroelectric plant, where the government control is located to enter the Machu Picchu National Park (Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary).
At this point we will start our trekking to the town of Aguas Calientes, passing through the area called Intihuatana, a small archaeological site where the guide will give us an explanation.
Then, we will continue to Inka Rakay, where we will enjoy our lunch. Throughout the journey we will have the opportunity to contemplate the majestic mountains of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, as well as beautiful buildings.
We will finish the walk in the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the third night.
(B, L and D / Hotel)
This is the most important day of the tour to know one of the seven wonders of the world. The tour starts very early to appreciate the sunrise in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
Our day starts at 4:00 a.m., with the option to walk or take the bus (extra cost: US $ 12). Once inside the archaeological park, your guide will provide you with a two-hour tour inside the Inca city of Machu Picchu and the most important temples, such as the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Three Windows and many other attractions.
Then you will be free to explore Machu Picchu on your own, and if you booked in advance, go up to Huayna Picchu (height 2 800 masl.). or Machu Picchu Mountain (height 3 082 masl.).
You must make these reservations two months in advance; the additional cost is US $ 20. There are only four hundred entries per day to climb one of these two mountains.
We also recommend you take advantage of this place to relax, meditate and rest taking advantage of the magical and spiritual energies of this great wonder, Machu Picchu.
Later you will return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco (the train is not included).
You can buy tickets at Perurail.com or Incarail.com (NO MEALS).
Inclusions for this tour
What is included?
- Tour with private guide (10 people maximum)
- 02 nights camping in double tents.
- 03 basic Hotels in double or triple accommodation (Santa María: Hotel Visao, Santa Teresa: Hotel Yacumama, Aguas Calientes: Hotel Inka Dream)
- Specified meals (5Breakfasts=B, 5Lunches=L and 5Dinners=D – Vegetarian food on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Hot Springs
- Mobility on Sprinter bus or L5 from Cusco to Lares
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Specialized Status 1 or KONA Stinky
- Safety equipment:
- SEVEN or 661 Integral Helmet
- Integral Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Kneepads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
- Return train to Cusco.
- Bus in Machu Picchu.
- Meals on the last day.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu hikes.
- Rafting or Zip line
Availability and Departures
Recommendations to take.
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Shoes for the walk.
- Mosquito repellent (25% deet).
- Light polo shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Warm Clothing.
- Waterproof Clothing.
- Personal medicines
- Flash Light.
- Original Passport.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- LODGE: Rest is essential during a trip for which we have chosen comfortable, clean and safe Lodges of the route, all have private bathrooms, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- FEEDING. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has aresponse plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
- DUFFLE BAG: (walking briefcase): You will be given a duffle the day of our group meeting (day before the tour) in which you can send up to 08 kg of your personal luggage which will always be in the transports.
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: email@example.com
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.