The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the complete trek in our region, it offers the passenger the experience of exploring the different ecological zones of our country while enjoying the flora and fauna of each one of them. Furthermore, in its 45 km, 27.96 miles of the route, we have the opportunity to visit various archaeological sites: Llaqtapata, Runqurakay, Phuyupatamarca, Intipata, Wiñaywayna, Intipunku and Machu Picchu.
Come with us to enjoy the history, culture, and biodiversity that only the Inca Trail can offer.
Summary of the Program:
DAY 1: CUSCO – WAYLLABAMBA: TREKKING
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA – PACAYMAYO: TREKKING
DAY 3: PACAYMAYO – PUYU PATAMARKA – WIÑAY HUAYNA: TREKKING
DAY 4: WIÑAY HUAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
CUSCO – WAYLLABAMBA: TREKKING
WAYLLABAMBA - WARMIWAÑUSCA - PACAYMAYO: TREKKING
PACAYMAYO - PUYU PATAMARKA - WIÑAY HUAYNA: TREKKING
WIÑAY HUAYNA - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Sprinter L5 bus mobility from Cusco to Kilometer 82 beginning of the Inca Trail
- Tour with Private Guide.
- 3 nights camping in double tent.
- Porter in charge of carrying 8kl of the equipment.
- Hiking sticks.
- Sleeping bag.
- Hiking backpack.
- Dining tent.
- Kitchen tent.
- Bathroom tent.
- A Duffle bag
- Chairs and tables.
- Specified Meals (4D, 4A, 3 Tes and 3C – Vegetarian Food upon request)
- Entrance ticket to the Inka Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Return bus from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Sprinter L5 bus mobility from Cusco to Kilometer 82, beginning of the Inca Trail.
- Support equipment
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Unforeseen expenses.
- Bus in Machu Picchu: Optional transportation for those who do not wish to walk up ($ 12 USD one way)
- Meals not specified.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu Tickets: See details.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE INCA TRAIL
- We recommend carrying only the necessary luggage for the four days of the tour. Large backpacks with equipment that are not needed for the expedition should be left in the city of Cusco (at your hotel or in our main office).
- A small backpack of 30 to 60 liters capacity, remember that a large part of your belongings (08 kg) will go with the porters.
- Original Passport
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof clothing
- 04 T-Shirts
- 02 or 03 trekking pants (fast drying).
- Repellent for mosquitoes (30% Deet or more).
- A light sweater
- Flips flops
- Hat or cap
- Warm jacket (of feather or fiber).
- Pants and thermal pole (first layer).
- Personal medications.
- Flash light.
- The most friendly and positive attitude possible.
- Personal hygiene items: Wet wipes, toothpaste and toothbrush
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- CAMPING TEAM: Rest is essential for an expedition of this type for which Lorenzo Expeditions fully committed to your safety and comfort to choose the best and most complete camping equipment, all of the highest range.
- Tent: Eureka brand 4 stations designed for 04 people where only 02 passengers will sleep for greater comfort, all are thermal and waterproof.
- Mattresses: Lorenzo Expeditions unlike other operators includes 02 types of mats, one of foam that serves to isolate the passenger from the ground and the other is an inflatable mattress brand Therm-a-rest (neo air trekker).
- Sleeping bag: Specially designed to withstand the climates of this route.
- Canes: These will be very helpful to complete the hike, the sticks that Lorenzo Expeditions provides are brand BLACK DIAMOND model TRAIL PRO SHOCK TREKKING POLES.
- A Duffle bag (walk briefcase): You will be given a duffle bag the day of our group meeting (day before the tour) in which you can pack up to 08 kg of your luggage with our team of Porters, this duffle bag is taken from camp to camp
- Dining tent: designed in waterproof fabric for the tranquility of our customers during all our meals.
- Carp bathroom with portable toilet: both for the exclusive use of our group, maximum 08 people per bathroom tent.
- Kitchen Tent: Used only by our professional chefs to prepare the most delicious foods.
- Tables and chairs.
- Complete kitchen utensils.
- EQUIPMENT AND SUPPORT COMMUNICATION: Communication radios: Motorola brand model DEP-450 all with digital format for better communication between the guide and our support group, while the radios are connected to the SERNARP channels (GUARDAPARQUE that they are found along the Inca trail) In case some type of help is required in case of emergency.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is eight.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. With this in mind, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiac and menus with food restrictions that you must request at the time of booking. Throughout the expedition they will be provided with purified water and snacks
- Private transportation to the start of the Inca Trail: KM82
- Bus descending from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Tourist train * from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Pick up from the Ollantaytambo station and transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- * The train schedule will be confirmed at the time of buying the tour
- PORTERS: They will be our best allies to carry out this challenge, they come from the town of Patacancha, located in the middle of the Peruvian Andesand are more accustomed to walking in high altitude. They will be responsible for bringing all our logistic items for the hike: camping equipment and food in addition to carrying 8kg of personal items of each client. They will be waiting for us at the start of our expedition at kilometer 82.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Our itinerary is based on spaces granted by the government for the proper use of the Inca Trail, last minute reservations could generate changes in our itinerary, mainly in the camp sites
TIPS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
- Medicine: If you have any medical prescription, bring your medicines with you. Also, it is recommended to take pills to prevent high altitude sickness such as: Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Sorojchi pill, Acetazolamide, among others. Finally, take anti-blister gel to prevent blisters on the soles of the feet caused by constant walking.
- Digital camera with external memory of 2 and 4 gigabytes (optional).
- SPF 60 sunscreen (UVB-UVA) waterproof.
- Canteen or bottle: This helps us contribute to the NO POLLUTION of the environment. These bottles will be supplied with water every day
- Extra money to buy some drinks during the hike (optional). If you decide to stay overnight in Aguas Calientes, you should consider taking cash to the area, since the money in ATMs runs out quickly. Preferably bring Peruvian soles with you.
- The rhythm of the group and the climatic factors can affect the beginning of the guided tour in the Machu Picchu citadel (scheduled between 8:00 am and 9:30 am); therefore, this may cause you to leave your guided tour to make your ascent to the Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain “see details.”
- If the passenger requires an extra Carrier (additional cost), he must request it at the moment of making the reservation, because the field personnel must pay the entrances fee to hike the Inca Trail. If you need additional luggage, an additional fee of $130 USD will be charged and the porter maximum carrying weight is 15kg. The extra fee covers the entrance fee, transportation and food for the porter.
- For all our expeditions Lorenzo Expeditions provides shared tents (designed for 04 people but used only by 02 passengers). For those passengers who want more comfort and privacy we have the option of offering personal tents. The extra cost for this service is US $ 60.00. This service must be requested at the time of making your reservation.