Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu – 4 Days
The Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu combines various outdoor activities such as: biking, rafting, zip line and trekking with your final destination in Machu Picchu and Mt. Huayna Picchu. Lorenzo Expeditions guides are experts in the field, with years of experience they are well versed in the route. You are sure to have a fabulous experience with what many of our visitors have nicknamed, “The Supper Team.”
Summary of the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Program:
DAY 01: CUSCO – SANTA MARIA Biking and rafting
DAY 02: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA Trekking
DAY 03: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES Zip line and Trekking.
DAY 04: MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
ITINERARY - Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA Biking and rafting
Pick up time is 5:30 a.m. We will leave the Imperial City of Cusco and head towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is here that we will have our buffet style breakfast. We will continue on to Abra Málaga (4 350 meters) (14 160 ft), the starting point of our biking tour. After a short explanation to help orientate you, your guide will provide you with the necessary equipment for the activity. We will the begin our 3-hour, bicycle descent 9 55km (5.93 miles) until we reach the town of Huamanmarca. During the trip we will experience the beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the tropical forest. It is here in the tropical forest that our Peruvian Amazon adventure begins. We will cross small streams and we will enjoy the change from cold to a tropical climate. During the journey we will stop several times to review bicycles and equipment. We will arrive at the town of Santa María (1 200 masl)(3,937.01 ft.), where we will have our lunch and stay for our first night in a hotel. In the afternoon we have the option of rafting on the Vilcanota River . This river offers category III and III + rapids. For this activity we will give you helmets, windbreaks and category V life jackets. This activity is available between the months of April to December, and you must be able to swim to participate in accordance with Peruvian law. (B, L and D / Hotel).
SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA Trekking
SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES Trekking and Zip line
On day three we will have the opportunity to do the zip line activity with one of the highly trusted operators in the area. This activity is optional and lasts approximately two hours. We will then have breakfast. After breakfast, we will board our transport to the hydroelectric plant, where the government control is located and the entrance to Machu Picchu National Park (Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary). At this point we will start our trekking to the town of Aguas Calientes, passing through the area called Intihuatana, a small archaeological site where the guide will share an explanation to better understand the site. Then we will continue to Inka Rakay, where we will enjoy our lunch. During the journey, we will enjoy and contemplate the majesty of the Machu Picchu mountains, Huayna Picchu as well as other agrological sites in the heights of the mountain. We will finish the hike in the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the third night of the tour (B, L and D / Hotel).
MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Tour with Professional guide (10 people maximum)
- 3 basic Hotel=H in double or triple accommodation (Santa María: Hotel Visao, Santa Teresa: Hotel Yacumama, Aguas Calientes: Hotel Inka Dream)
- Specified meals (03Breakfasts=B, 03Lunches=L and 03Dinners=D – Vegetarian food on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Hot Springs
- Mobility on Sprinter bus or L5 from Cusco to Abra Málaga
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Specialized Status 1 or KONA Stinky
- Safety equipment:
- SEVEN or 661 Integral Helmet
- Integral Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Kneepads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
- Return train to Cusco.
- Bus in Machu Picchu.
- Meals on the last day.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu hikes.
- Rafting or Zip line
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE FOR INCA JUNGLE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Hiking boots.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- Light T-shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Only a light coat.
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medicines
- Flash light.
- Original Passport
EQUIPMENT FOR INKA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
|TECHNICAL DOSSIER – INCA JUNGLE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU|
|Day 01||3 hrs/||0hrs / 0 Km||4,350 m||3 hrs / 54 kms||B,L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 02||–||7 hrs / 19 km||1,700 m||–||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 03||–||4 hrs / 10 km||2,000 m||–||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 04||–||2 hrs / 6 km||2,400 m||–||–|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INCA JUNGLE TREK
- BRIEFING. A day before the Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at Estancia Imperial Restaurant located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- BICYCLES AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT. Safety is a priority for Lorenzo Expeditions. Therefore, in all our adventure routes we include high-end equipment and with international standards certifications, which will allow us to enjoy this adventure in the safest way possible. For biking, Lorenzo Expeditions offers the best bicycles in the country. Very important: Lorenzo Expeditions has its own staff of highly trained mechanics, all professional runners, who put all their passion into the maintenance of our bicycles, which are revised and optimized after each trip like for this Inca jungle trail to machu picchu.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Committed to your safety, Lorenzo Expeditions includes the most complete equipment on the market and we have all the sizes certified with international standards (S, M, L, XL).
- HOTELS. Rest is essential during an adventure trip, for which we have chosen the most comfortable, clean and safe basic hotels on the route. All have basic facilities: private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications: o First Aid International Red Cross. o First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
INCA JUNGLE TREK REVIEWS
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are travel company agency which promotes a SUSTAINABLE TOURISM in which tourism activities are compatible with the CONSERVATION OF NATURE. We are an agency which feels that, as Tour Agents, it is our responsibility to care for, and maintain, the country which has provided us with so much.
WHO WE ARE?
We are Lorenzo Expeditions, a travel agency located in Cusco, Peru, we created the Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu as one of the best alternatives to the Inca Trail that runs out year after year.
The Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu is one of the best alternatives to get Machu Picchu, Our Inca Jungle Tour combines various outdoor activities such as: biking, rafting, zip line and trekking with your final destination in Machu Picchu and Mt. Huayna Picchu. Our guides are experts doing this Inca Jungle Trek, with years of experience they are well versed in the route. You are sure to have a fabulous experience with what many of our visitors have nicknamed, “The Supper Team.”