The Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu combines various outdoor activities such as: biking, rafting, zip line and trekking with your final destination in Machu Picchu and Mt. Huayna Picchu. Lorenzo Expeditions guides are experts in the field, with years of experience they are well versed in the route. You are sure to have a fabulous experience with what many of our visitors have nicknamed, “The Supper Team.”
Summary of the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu Program:
DAY 01: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA Biking and rafting
DAY 02: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA Trekking
DAY 03: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES Trekking and Zip line
DAY 04: MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
ITINERARY - Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu
CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA Biking and rafting
SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA Trekking
SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES Trekking and Zip line
MACHU PICCHU and Return to Cusco
If you plan on hiking Mt. Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu you must make reservations in advance to your trip and the fee is S / 70 or US $ 20.
This is the most important day of the tour, today you will visit one of the seven wonders of the world. The tour will start very early, to appreciate the sunrise in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Our day will start at 4:00 a.m., with the option of hiking or taking the bus (extra cost: US $ 12). Once inside the archaeological site, your a two-hour guided tour inside the Inca city of Machu Picchu, you will see its most important temples, such as the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Three Windows, etc. You will then be free to explore Machu Picchu on your own. If you booked in advance, to hike Mt. Huayna Picchu (height: 2,800 meters)(9,186.35 ft.) or Machu Picchu mountain (height: 3 082 meters)(10,111.55 ft.) you will have that opportunity after your guided tour. You must make the reservations to hike either mountain three months in advance for an additional cost of US $ 20. Space is limited to only 400 people a day to climb Mt. Huayna Picchu. We also recommend allowing time to relax, meditate and rest while taking advantage of the magical and spiritual energies of this great wonder. After you have finished enjoying Machu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco (train not included). You can buy tickets at perurail.com or incarail.com (No meals included).
- Tour with a professional guide (8 people maximum)
- 3 basic hotel nights in double or triple accommodation (Santa María: Hotel Inmaculada, Santa Teresa: Hotel Yacumama, Aguas Calientes: Hotel Inka Dream)
- Specified meals (3B, 3L and 3D – Vegetarian food on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Hot Springs
- Mobility in our private car from Cusco to Abra Málaga
- Professional Bicycles: (disc hydraulic brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Specialized Status 1 or KONA Stinky
- Safety equipment:
- SEVEN or 661 Integral Helmet
- Integral Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Kneepads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Return train to Cusco: Each passenger has the freedom to choose the schedule that best suits them.
- Personal travel Insurance
- Unforeseen expenses.
- Bus in Machu Picchu: Optional transportation for those who do not wish to hike up ($ 12 USD one way, 24 round trip).
- Meals not specified in the tour.
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu Tickets
- Rafting or Zip line
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE FOR INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters.
- Hiking boots.
- Mosquito repellent (25% Deet).
- Light T-shirts, shorts and / or leggings.
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing suit and sandals.
- Only a light coat.
- Rain poncho.
- Personal medicines
- Flash light.
- Original Passport
EQUIPMENT FOR INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
|TECHNICAL DOSSIER – INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU|
|Day 01||3 hrs/||0hrs / 0 Km||3,316 m||3 hrs / 55 kms||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 02||–||7 hrs / 19 km||1,700 m||–||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 03||–||4 hrs / 10 km||2,000 m||–||B, L and D||Basic hotel|
|Day 04||–||2 hrs / 6 km||2,400 m||–||–|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INCA JUNGLE TREK
- BRIEFING. A day before the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. You will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Museo del Café, located on Calle Espaderos 136 (first floor), where we will also offer you welcome snacks.
- BICYCLES AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT. Safety is a priority for Lorenzo Expeditions. Therefore, in all our adventure routes we include high-end equipment and with international standards certifications, which will allow us to enjoy this adventure in the safest way possible. For biking, Lorenzo Expeditions offers the best bicycles in the country. Very important: Lorenzo Expeditions has its own staff of highly trained mechanics, all professional runners, who put all their passion into the maintenance of our bicycles, which are revised and optimized after each trip like for this Inca jungle trail to machu picchu.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Committed to your safety, Lorenzo Expeditions includes the most complete equipment on the market and we have all the sizes certified with international standards (S, M, L, XL).
- HOTELS. Rest is essential during an adventure trip, for which we have chosen the most comfortable, clean and safe basic hotels on the route. All have basic facilities: private bathroom, hot water and towels.
- GUIDES. This staff is carefully recruited and selected, and then trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions. Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than eight years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is ten.
- FOOD. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications: o First Aid International Red Cross. o First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has a response plan and personnel trained in rescue work.