Humantay Lake Full Day
This one-day excursion allows you to enjoy one of the most beautiful lagoons in our region while having the opportunity to observe two of the most important peaks in the area, Mt. HUMANTAY and the great MT. SALKANTAY.
Both are extremely important for the pre-Hispanic religions practiced in the area. Through a peaceful trek we will arrive at a height of 13,451.44 feet above sea level where nature and religion join into one majestic image.
Itinerary for Humantay Lake
At 5:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel to begin our expedition.
We will then travel by car two hours to the small village of Mollepata, where we will enjoy our breakfast.
We will then travel 40 minuets to SORAYPAMPA the famous basecamp for expeditions to Mt. SALKANTAY. It is here that we will begin our trek to the majestic HUMANTAY LAGOON.
The duration of the hike varies depending upon the physical condition of each of our clients. It can take up to two hours for the ascent. Throughout the hike we will enjoy views of the famous Andes mountains including Mt. SALKANTAY and Mt. HUMANTAY.
Upon arrival to the lagoon we will enjoy ample time to take photos while your specialized guide shares history, culture, religion, folklore and mystic insights about the lagoon and the surrounding mountains.
After enjoying these insights, we will return to SORAYPAMPA (a one hour hike down) where our transportation will await us to take us to our buffet style lunch.
We will then return to Cusco by car a journey of two hours arriving at approximately 5:00pm.
Includes for Humantay Lake Tour
What is included?
- Transportation (round trip)
- 01 breakfast
- 01 lunch.
- Tickets Admitions
- Hiking sticks
- Horses ride up the mountain S / 70.00
- Personal Travel Insurance
Humantay Lake Availability and Departures
Recommendations to take
- Small Backpack.
- Shoes for Hike.
- Hat or Cap.
- Warn Clothing.
- waterproof Clothing.
- Personal Medicines.
- BRIEFING. A day before the tour, Lorenzo Expeditions holds a meeting where we will give you all the details of our trip. We will also meet our guides and all the participants of the expedition. Our meeting will take place at the Estancia Imperial restaurant, located on Calle Suecia 320, where we will also offer welcome snacks.
- GUIDES: This staff is carefully recruited and selected to be trained and adapted to the service culture of Lorenzo Expeditions.
- Our guides are the most competitive in the area and they all work with us permanently (more than 8 years). They are certified and certified professionals by the government and are constantly trained by national and international entities for a better development in the different areas of action and situations. The maximum number of passengers per guide is 10.
- FEEDING. In recent years, Peruvian cuisine has positioned itself among the best in the world. Thinking about it, our executive chef has designed a balanced menu. We have vegetarian menus, celiacs and menus with food restrictions.
- TRANSPORTS. We have modern units (Sprinter L5 for long routes and smaller vehicles for short sections), equipped and with experienced and trained drivers.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Our 2018 certifications:
- First Aid International Red Cross.
- First aid in remote locations American Safety & Health Institute.
- RESCUE TEAM. In the event of contingencies and contingencies, Lorenzo Expeditions has aresponse plan and personnel trained in rescue work.
Humantay Lake Cusco Reviews
By Thomas G – Trip Advisor
- We recommend consulting availability before making the deposit.
- Consider that this is only a PARTIAL PAYMENT, the final price of the tour can be requested via email.
- This partial payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- This transaction has an additional cost which is specified in the negotiation email.
For more details write to: email@example.com
If you have problems making a deposit on our system, click here to use another option.